My name is Nanette Freedland, and I appreciate you taking the time to review my website.
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist and have been involved in the counseling and psychotherapy professions for over 30 years.
I have provided therapy to countless individuals, couples, and families during my twenty years in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area.
While I currently work with both individuals and couples, the focus of my practice is helping women who are trying to navigate life’s transitions or who may be suffering from an eating disorder.
I enjoy engaging deeply with a variety of people and helping them reduce distress and dysfunction, support positive growth and change, and create and enjoy the life they want to live. I take great pride in calling myself a “psychotherapist” and love the work I do.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and to find out if we can work together successfully. I’m happy to answer your questions and offer referrals to other trust-worthy professionals upon request.
- 2007-present — Monthly training at the Couples Institute (Bader/Peterson) to developing specific expertise in couples therapy using the Development Model
- 2005-2007 — John F. Kennedy University certificate program in Eating Disorders
- Summer 2007 — Week-long Intensive Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) at the Beck Institute in Pennsylvania with Judith Beck (daughter of Aaron Beck, founder of CBT). (I use CBT in my practice, especially as it pertains to my work treating patients with eating disorders)
- 1991 — Obtained Licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- 1988 — Began private psychotherapy practice as a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- 1987 — Received M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Santa Clara University
- Summer 1980 — Trained in Reality Therapy with William Glasser
- 1977 — Received M.Ed. with a specialty in Crisis Intervention from Lehigh University
Professional Association Memberships
- The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) — Clinical member
- The Santa Clara Valley Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (SCV-CAMFT)— Clinical member, current board member, and previous committee chair
- The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) — Clinical member
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) — Clinical member