My name is Nanette Freedland, and I appreciate you taking the time to review my website.
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist and have been involved in the counseling and psychotherapy professions for more than 35 years.
I have provided therapy to countless individuals, couples, and families during my many years in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The focus of my work is helping people work through their most difficult experiences so they are able to have more rewarding and satisfying lives.
I enjoy engaging deeply with a variety of people and helping them reduce distress and dysfunction, support positive growth and change, and create and enjoy the life they want to live. I take great pride in calling myself a psychotherapist and love the work I do.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and to find out whether we can work together successfully. I’m happy to answer your questions and offer referrals to other trustworthy professionals upon request.
Educational and Licence History
- MA in Counseling Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy, Santa Clara University, 1987
- MA in Counseling Psychology and Education: Social Restoration, Lehigh University, 1977
- BA in Psychology, Brooklyn College, 1976
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist: LMT28411 1990
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Certification Program, Eating Disorders, JFK University
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Advanced Training, Beck Institute
- Developmental Couples Therapy Training and Practicum, Couples Institute
Professional Association Memberships
- The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) — Clinical member
- The Santa Clara Valley CAMFT — Clinical member and past board president
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA) — Clinical Member
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) — Clinical member